The battlegrounds in PUBG Console Season 6 are ready to welcome to a brand new island called Karakin. The addition of the new map can be the most interesting content that brings a lot of changes to the gameplay. More than that, players will get access to new dangers and new weapons brought to them by this PUBG Console Update 6.1. Before diving into the details of PUBG Console Patch Notes Season 6, you may want to take a look at schedules for the live server maintenance.
- PST: January 17, 3:00 AM – The ending of the live server maintenance
- CET: January 17, 12:00 PM – The ending of the live server maintenance
- Region: NA
- Perspective: TPP
- Mode: Solo
- Map: Random (It is much likely for the Karakin map to be chosen by players than other maps)
Live Maintenance Schedule:
- PST: January 29, 10 PM – January 30, 1 AM
- CET: January 30, 7 AM – 10 AM
The live maintenance schedule is subject to change. You will be updated and informed if there are any changes made.
About the PTS (Public Test Server)
The PTS (Public Test Server) is known as a distinct PUBG server for the players who already have a copy of PUBG and it is totally free to get access. When joining the PTS, players will have a preview of forthcoming features. However, to find issues and bugs, the developers need to address it as soon as possible. Make sure you own a copy of the PUBG game if you want to participate in the test.
You need to remember that your data, statistics, and other things from the test server will not be applied to your live server account.
- The Xbox players can find and download the “PUBG – Public Test Server” on the Microsoft Store or the ‘My Games and Apps’ menu.
- The PS4 players can check out the “PUBG – Public Test Server” in the ‘Purchased’ section of their Library.
New content in PUBG Console 6.1
Brand new map: Karakin
Karakin is an island off the coast of Northern Africa with an area of 2×2 km. Due to the rocky environment and aridity, Karakin creates wide-open terrain with tough engagements. You may feel like the map is a perfect combination of Miramar and Sanhok full of tension and fast-paced element. PUBG Console Karakin map contains 64 players on the battlegrounds.[html slug=ads-con-img]
Black Zone (Karakin Only)
The Black Zone is a new threat that can only be accessed in Karakin.
- It is created to pull players out of the safety of a building.
- It is random. For instance, towns and compounds can not be harmed, completely flattened and all things in between.
- The combination of buildings and ruins develop in real time during the battle. This means that you should not always hope the building that you run to for cover to be there later in the match.
- You need to get out of it as soon as you hear the siren while you are inside the purple circle on the minimap.
New Throwable: Sticky Bomb (Karakin Only)[html slug=ads-con-img]
To make the siege play different a bit, Breach Points has been added to PUBG and you can destroy them using Sticky Bombs in Karakin.
- Some walls and floors feature breach points that you can use Sticky Bombs to destroy.
- Your player will get more tools thanks to this feature: For campers, you can create more sightlines or windows.
- Nevertheless, for the squads that are attacking, they can use some new options to destroy buildings.
- For the explorers, there are many secret areas hidden somewhere and players should loot items in those areas using a spare Sticky Bomb or two.
Bullet penetration has been added to the weakest walls in PUBG Karakin to make the gunfight more awesome. You can have a slight glimpse of your opponents through ruined drywall and make a decision on taking the fight or regroup, which gives you more options.
In the PUBG game, the developers tried their best to bring brand new experiences to you. They cannot wait for you to try it out yourself!
Loot Growth for Karakin
The developers have carried out a hotfix to grow and rebalance the loot on the new island – Karakin, after receiving your feedback throughout the testing phase and the first launch of the map.
The loot spawns for Karakin have been rebalanced in order to make sure you can loot items quickly enough. You and your squad will have a chance to find even more loot around you.
Because the developers understand the feeling of a need to dash and burst through a tunnel in each match to obtain a lot of loot was not good at all. They made a decision on growing the above-ground spawn rate of healing and boost items, together with the scopes, so you can totally battle it out fast. Hopefully, you will feel free to discover Karakin without having to burst through a tunnel just to get enough loot for your survival.
Please continue sending your feedback to the development team! Your feedback is always highly appreciated as it can help the developers improve your experience on PUBG Karakin.
What are the changes for Karakin?
- Developed 2x, 3x, 4x scopes.
- Developed healing/boost items above ground.
- Made a change to the ratio of total SR/DMR muzzle attachments because of the grown spawn rate of those weapons.
- Reduced the number of melee weapons, canted sights, and magazine attachments.
- Eliminated Sawed-off from Karakin.
New Vehicle: Motor Glider[html slug=ads-con-img]
Motor Glider is a brand new vehicle added to PUBG Console Season 6.
- You will get access to this vehicle on Erangel and Miramar.
- This two-seat vehicle allows two people to get on. One of them will pilot the vehicle, while the other one will shoot and use any weapon from the backseat.
- You will see Motor Glider around the map.
- If you want to take off, you have to obtain the required speed of 65 km/h then speed it up by pushing down (Xbox One: L-Stick / PS4: L3).
- As soon as you get to 70 km/h, you will begin to take off automatically.
- The rate of fuel consumption of this vehicle depends on the engine speed. This means the more throttle you use, the faster you will run out of fuel.
- When Motor Glider spawns on the map, it will not have any gas. You need to fuel up before beginning the engine.
- No maximum altitude for you to get to! Just consider the sky is the limit! However, the engine begins to lose some power as you reach a higher altitude.
- Controls for PUBG Motor Glider:
- Take control of the pitch and the roll of the vehicle using (Xbox One: L-Stick / PS4: L3)
- Hold (Xbox One: LT & RT / PS4: L2 & R2) buttons to modify the throttle.
- When you’re on the ground and want to apply brakes, just hold (Xbox One: Y / PS4: Triangle) buttons.
Survivor Pass: Shakedown[html slug=ads-con-img]
- Regardless of buying Premium Pass or not, all players can take part in the battle together to make the Community Accomplishment Gauge full. After that, they can receive the skin rewards in the game as well as puzzle out the hidden story of Karakin.
- By searching for collectibles on the Battlegrounds, you can make the mission gauge full.
- If you find and open special Cardboard Boxes, you will loot one of the three discrepant objects.
- After gathering those objects, they will appear on the Community Mission Accomplishment Gauge like this:
- Disc piece: Counts as 1 point for Community Missions Goal
- Broken disc: Counts as 2 points for Community Missions Goal
- Old DVD: Counts as 3 points for Community Missions Goal
- Your achievement score and XP earned will be seen on the Community Mission tab, equivalent to the personal contribution score.
- Season Missions contain three tracks.
- Every single track will be introduced each month, including January, February, and March.
- There will be an amount of time left shown on the tracks that are locked before they are unlocked.
- You can get a lot of XPs when you finish Progression Missions.
- A set of 8 missions is available in each track, namely, track 1 and 2. Every difficulty for a mission will be increased for all players.
- A set of 10 missions is featured in track 3, and the difficulty for each mission is also increased gradually for the players with the Premium Pass.
- Milestones are accomplished when a set goal has been obtained in relation to daily, weekly, and challenge missions.
- For instance: Finish 70 total daily missions.
- Some challenging missions in PUBG Console 6.1 need players to use designated weapons to complete:
- Weapon lists:
- Skorpion (Handgun)
- Win94 (SR)
- QBZ (AR)
- AKM (AR)
- QBU (DMR)
Obtain Level-up items for the Next Season
- The level-up items for the next season can be obtained as a premium pass mission reward.
- These items are not in the market. As soon as the next season (PUBG Season 7) begins, they will be activated.
- Level-up Items in the Survivor Pass List:
- 5 Levels coupon x2
- 1 Level coupon x5
Survival Title System[html slug=ads-con-img]
- Players will receive rewards for Survivor Title System Season 5 at the start of Season 6.
- Your SP will experience a soft reset, and your performance in PUBG Season 5 will be added to your starting SP in Season 6.
Gameplay Improvement in PUBG Console 6.1
Improved firing mode change
- Now, players have an option to establish second firing mode for AR, and SMG weapons. There are 3 firing modes (Single, Burst, Auto).
- If the chosen weapon has no auto mode after you have set auto as first and single as second preferences, it will set as single automatically.
- There was a 20% increase in the AR spawn amount.
- There was a slight reduction in Gas Can and Handgun spawns.
- The overall loot spawned was increased by 22%.
- The total number of ARs spawned was increased by more 22%.
- Hence, the total number of ARs spawned on Miramar is 44% higher than before.
Featured + Others (3 Random maps)
- The new map – Karakin is an alternative to Vikendi (You can still play Vikendi on Custom Match)
- Featured map: Karakin
- Others: Erangel, Miramar, Sanhok
- You can disable the featured map if it takes too much long matchmaking time. Then, the featured map will change into all random map selection.
- Your PUBG ID will be displayed on the end of the game screen.
- Known Issue: You cannot see the character model on PUBG ID.
- While observing a player, you can see their PUBG ID.
- “PASS” menu is now available in the main lobby.
- The Vehicle Adv. tab has been also available on the controller guide page in order to give more specific key details on some vehicles.
- You are now able to preview DLCs that are shown on Add-Ons Tab in the STORE.
- Added “Cheating” category as an option when you want to report a player.
Renewed Gun Handling Sounds
- Reload and weapon changing sound effects got upgraded.
- The detailed expressions of the clothes’ collar were proceeded and also strengthened the attachment of the weapon throughout the reload operation.
Divided sound following the mechanical properties of the weapon throughout aiming/scoping
- While aiming/scoping, the level of trembling sound in the weapon’s attachments details is different based on the weapon type.
- There two types of sounds: handgun and non-handgun. A handgun doesn’t have more trembling or even has no attachment detailed sounds compared to non-handguns.
Improved vaulting sounds
- Some detailed expressions on several objects, like hand-to-body contact, collar-to-shoulder squeaks, were already improved during vaulting.
- While vaulting, the release of the sound will suit the material (Concrete, Metal, Wood).
Vikendi Sound Effect Balance Change
- Decreased the volume of winning sound effect in the moonlight.
- Lessened duration, volume, and sound radius of Black Zone sirens.
- Lessened explosion volume and frequency of Black Zones.
- Lessened volume and sound radius of Care Package planes.
The features as shown below are now accessible on all console devices
- Dynamic resolution
- The screen resolution will not be changed based on the performance to keep a stable framerate.
- In a future patch, you will get access to the toggle option that allows you to turn on/off the features.
- Sharpen Post Processing
- Gives clearer visuals
- Ground Truth Ambient Occlusion (GTAO)
- Creates more realistic shadows.
- Creates more realistic shadows.
World Origin Shift
- The world location calculating process experienced an optimization to lessen the happening of hitching.
SKINS & ITEMS
These items below will come to the Store once PUBG Update 6.1 comes to the live servers:
- 5 Golden Dragon skins
- 4 Golden Phoenix skins
- 9 Seollal skins
- PUBG -Supply Pack: Season 6 ($9.99)
- 1,600 G-Coin
- Hipster Jean Jacket
- Hipster Skinny Jeans
- Hipster Canvas Shoes
- PUBG – Shakedown Pack ($14.99)
- Survivor Pass: Shakedown
- 5 Levels
- Karakin Head Wrap
- Jamila Diamondback Top
- Jamila Diamond Leg Pants
- Jamila Kontra Shoes
Bug Fixes[html slug=ads-con-img]
- Made a fix to a problem in which the camera view is at the wrong place when changing seat to driver’s seat throughout ADS.
- Made a fix to a bug in which M249 ironsight was arranged in the wrong place.
- Made a fix to a bug in which hold option for prone is not operating accurately.
- Made a fix to a bug in which the upper body of a character would be arranged wrongly after using a throwable while on the backseat of a motorbike on FPP.
- Made a fix to a bug in which the overhead UI of the character is not coordinated with the character model.
- Made a fix to a bug in which the helmet that is equipped on Customize is seen on the head of the character on PUBG ID.
- Made a fix to a bug in which handgun size is arranged wrongly on the Last Match screen.
- Made a fix to a bug in which the inventory was ordered in the wrong way.
- Made a fix to a bug in which the inventory text was not exhibited when inventory was turned on.
- Made a fix to a problem in which the ambient noise is much louder than planned in some weather types of Vikendi.
Skins & Items
- Fixed a problem in which Tommy Gun skin texture is exhibited wrongly.
- Fixed a problem in which the lower body would be visible wrongly when wearing certain PGI skins on a male character.
- A problem in which you are not allowed to engage in the custom match session if you take the custom match invite before you begin PUBG.
- If you take an invite while PUBG is on, you can join the custom match normally.
- The development team of the PUBG game is working on this issue and trying to solve it as soon as possible.